Part 1 & Part 2.
2. So, for this post, I will highlighting and explaining more about my trip to Cu Chi Tunnels.
3. For the last post, I was mistakenly spelled the Cu Chi Tunnels. Sorry about that! No intention. I wrongly write “CHU CHI” instead of “CU CHI” …. No H in “CHU”!
4. How to pronounce correctly? My host also my friend, Mr Kha Le always corrected my pronunciations. “CU CHI” = KU (Kuching) + He (He is eating). Sebut betul-betul…… !
CU CHI, not CHU CHI
5. TIPS: The best way to go to the tunnels is by TOUR!
6. There were a lot of tour company offered the Cu Chi Tunnels one-day tour. How much? Only USD5! Cheap!.. (Not include entrance fee & food!)
7. Instead of one day tour, they also have combine tour. Example Chu Chi + Jade Pagoda tour.. but it is up to you. I prefer to explore Cu Chi for one whole day.
8. TIPS: Wake up early! The tour starts in the morning. You need to reserve a tour from a tour company. It is always full! Believe me, the last action we want to do is to find the tour company for the last minute. Maybe you can book your tour early one day!
9. TIPS: Bring your own food & drinks. No food provided. And the food at the park are expensive! Oh, if you rich, just forget about it.
10. More or less 2 hours journey. It will stop at the Handiccaped Handcraft for half an hour to rest. The bus fully airconditions. On my last journey, only two of us the only ASIAN! The guy seated next to me is a Civil Engineer from Spain working in Hanoi to build a giant bridge. What his name, I forget, SHASHA I think.
11. TIPS: In the bus, there was a bus tour guide! Quite funny though. He distributed the tour sticker. Make sure the sticker always stick at your shirt. Because, the colour of the sticker means which tour company you are from. If you get lost, just find the people with the same sticker colour.
12. TIPS: The tour bus also will announced who wants to go back using a boat through Saigon River. Write your name and add some more money. I suggest no need to take the boat trip. WHY? If you take the boat trip, you WILL SKIP crawling in the tunnels part!. You will go in differect direction after stopped at the shooting range pitstop!. Believe me! No means if you not experienced the crawling part!
13. TIPS: The entrance fee 20,000Dong. Remember to ready your dong. Do not tell me you forget your money! You will get a guide too for the whole tour.
15. Next, you will ask to go to the mini ampitheathre for some explanation by the tour guide.
16. TIPS: I suggest to you SIT IN FRONT! Quite interesting to know the story of the tunnels. This is not school or college where you afraid to sit in front. (Always sit at the desk at the last – TO SLEEP!)
17. For my time, the explanation had done by one of the former Vietnam Soldier. He also surfed with US then back again in Vietnam. Quite strict and arrogant and he sound so patriotic! But good explanation! Turn up he become our guide for the whole day!! Cool!
19. TIPS: After the explanation, when the guide ask who want to try to enter to the hole? Do not be shy! Just be the first one. No one care! You are tourist, remember? Do not wait the others to enter, just break the ice and be the first brave one!.... Enter the hole, and took a picture for the memories, like mine!!!
21. As you can see at the above picture, there is a women vietnamese soldier. I do not remember her name, but this women actually she help the soldier at first, for food and etc. Then afterthat, she was so brave and fight as a soldier. (OH, I forgot, you saw this women in the video at the amphitheater earlier, just remember the character because she is quite important (OHW, that was “Rapunzel 3D script!!!). She was like Mulan, just the different is she was not act like a guy.
22. At the park, there were a lot of example of death trap during the war!! I can’t imagine if I fall onto the trap! So painful death!! Ouch!
23. Photo above shows the human replica with weapon making activity.
24. TIPS & Spoiler: Just don’t be shocked (be impress should be OK!), at the end of explanation, the human figure is moving showing the weapon making… is it with sound or not (I do not remember…)
25. TIPS: You will stop at the shooting range! Yeah… the real shooting! You can choose which gun you want to try. Of course there’s a fee, from the small gun until the big gun… just choose which one you one (If you are Medal of Honor’s or Counterstrike’s fan, I highly recommended). My Spain’s friends told me he is going to this tour only for the shooting, not crawling in the tunnel!
26. For those who have only a little budget (like us), if you do not like to try, you just can have a rest and maybe have lunch there. Stop for half hour. (You need to wait the shooters wannabe finished with their activity first).
27. TIPS: Another trap!!! Do not try to jump!!! That must be so hurt. Even though you just break-up with you girlfriend or boyfriend, I do not recommended this way of death.
28. After the shooting range, for those who sign up for the boat trip, after this point, you will be separated with others. You will take another route and this will make you not crawling in the tunnels. But, I am not sure maybe on their way, they use another way of tunnel, who knows right?
29. I had listed the tips before you enter the Cu Chi tunnels in the previous entry: Ho Chi Minh | Vietnam | Part 1.
30. But I will list it again and maybe add some more tips for you guys. A tips like you never READ before. It’s a TIPS-LICIOUS!
a. TIPS: No claustrophobic allowed! If you afraid of the dark. Do not enter. It is a PURE BLACK inside.
b. TIPS: Bring your own mini torchlight. Like a said, its dark. You do not know maybe something happen or you drop something valuable.
c. TIPS: Do not use short. Because you will crawl in the tunnel. Your knee will hurt or maybe scratch. Use short if you got your knee insurance covered! But, I used short!
d. TIPS: Bring your own bag. To put your mobile or wallet. So it will not drop in the tunnel. Or do not bring anything at all. Easy!
e. TIPS: Do not FART especially if you are having an egg in the morning! What do you expect, it is categorized as enclosed space!
f. TIPS:Keep crawling to the front. No turning back!
g. TIPS: No overweight allowed. I mean over-over-over weight. Stuck in the tunnel is the last thing in your mind. Keep diet if you think you think you are going to stuck maybe one week before you plan to enter the tunnel.
h. TIPS: Take the photo for your own memories. If you alone, do not shy to ask person behind you or in front you. Ask him/her, “You take my picture, I take yours” “ok, Deal!”
i. TIPS: No coverage in the tunnel. Do not check your mobile because no one can contact you. So, keeping you Iphone/Blackberry/Android in your zipped pocket is a very Brilliant idea.
j. TIPS: DO not eat and drink while in the tunnel or while you crawling. Are you serious? Maybe you can! Hahaha!
k. TIPS: Do not expect there is a WiFi connection in the tunnels. So no twitting or facebooking!
l. TIPS: Spectacles: YES but I will say no to Contact lense (I do not care if you want to make your eyes big or not). DUST in the tunnels will affect your eyes and your contacts!
m. TIPS: For ladies, just make sure your pervert-radar is On. Detect immediately who is pervert. And make sure the pervert you detect is not after you turn to enter. I don’t want to tell you why, but imagine by yourself if you crawling and immediately stop in the tunnels.
n. TIPS: What else, just enjoy the experience!!!!!!